5 Tips to Improve Your Skin
Today's post is going to be a little bit different than our normal fashion posts. Since we are heading into a new season and school is starting back, I wanted to write a post centered around skin care. I've learned through the my teenage and young adult years a few things that certainly help my skin look it's best while eliminating frequent breakouts. Most of these are no-brainers but it's so easy to forget to do a few of these.
1. Cleanse, obvi. It's so crazy what a good cleanser will do for your skin. I'll be honest, I've tried cleansers from the drugstore and they don't seem to do much for my skin, but I have several friends that only get their cleansers from the drugstore and their skin looks great. This step is really about finding what works for you and your skin. I've used Purity face wash from Sephora for years and LOVE it. (I even use it to clean my makeup brushes!)
2. Moisturize. Most people skip this step because they don't think they need it but trust me, your face needs nourishment! I used to use a body lotion for my face (eeek), but in the last year or two, I've switched to moisturizers that are solely for you're face. I also pick ones that have SPF in them for daytime for extra protection.
3. Spot Treat. For those little pesky breakouts, it's always nice to have a spot treatment. I've used a Clinique one before and it comes in such a tiny bottle but it's not something you put all over your face or that you use everyday. It's a spot treatment for those breakouts you get a few days before a big event.
4. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Substitute your coffee and caffeinated drinks for water. This step is SO important and the easiest preventative for your skin. I can always tell when I drink a ton of cokes because I can see it in little breakouts all over my face.
5. Make sure what is touching your face is clean. I'm talking makeup brushes, pillow cases, your cell phone. This is really important because you can do all of the above but if you keep putting your skin in close contact with items that are dirty, it's going to be really hard to have clear skin!
I hope these little tips are helpful if you've been wanting to get clearer skin! I know they've saved my skin so I wanted to share with all of our Love June fans. Let me know if you have any other tips in the comments below!
Leave a comment